Re: Phonon occasionally working

On Saturday 02 October 2010 10:19:59 Aniruddha wrote:
> I just got the error message, it's pretty non-descriptive:
>
> The audio playback device HDA ATI SB (VT2020 Analog) does not work

Especially the first result from
http://www.google.com/search?q=audio%20playback%20device%20HDA%20ATI%20SB seems to have some
pointers you could try.
I'd personally not edit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base, but create your own file in that directory like
/etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf.

Another search would be http://www.google.com/search?q=hda%20ati%20sb%20linux

Since it's likely that you need to add some model parameters to get your sound working consistantly,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_sound_problems has a description and http://www.alsa-
project.org/alsa-info.sh seems to be the file that they're using.