Re: kdm asks me to login twice

On Thursday 31 Dec 2009 00:52:22 Valerio Passini wrote:
> Alle mercoledì 30 dicembre 2009, Cassiano Leal ha scritto:

> I have met this bug two weeks ago and from what I have read so far it's
> unclear if the culprit is hal, consolekit, kdm, kernel 2.6.32.x.(that
> is, if I boot with an older kernel everything works flawlessly).
> I suppose that fixes are on the way, for the moment you can try to
> downgrade hal or boot a 2.6.31.x kernel.

I'm experiencing kdm asking me to log in twice, and I'm running 2.6.30-2
kernel - an almost entirely "testing" desktop (pretty much except for kile and
nvdia drivers from unstable).

But I've not seen kdm offering a new login screen when I shutdown.

Occasionally I got also a login screen which didn't accept any typed input -
but I haven't seen it for a few days.

Hope this helps someone.  I can find more useful info if you tell me where I
can find it!

Thanks for your hard work.

Nick