Re: Kaboom

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Diederik de Haas <didi.debian@cknow.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2009-10-25 George Kiagiadakis wrote:
>> It thinks that you are migrating because ~/.kde exists and
>> ~/.local/kaboom doesn't. You can adjust this script to also call the
>> command "mkdir -p ~/.local && touch ~/.local/kaboom" to prevent kaboom
>> from starting.
>>
> I've added those statements, so the script part is now:
> chroot /root sudo -u "${USERNAME}" sh -c "umask 0077 && mkdir -p /home/${USERNAME/.local && touch
> /home/${USERNAME/.local/kaboom && mkdir -p /home/${USERNAME}/.kde/share/config
> && cat > /home/${USERNAME}/.kde/share/config/kdesurc" << EOF
> [super-user-command]
> super-user-command=sudo
> EOF
>
> But when I start the resulting LiveCD, Kaboom is still triggered.
> I do see the ~/.local/kaboom file with size 0 bytes, so it does get created, but doesn't stop Kaboom.

That *should* stop it... Maybe you are doing something wrong? The code
in startkde that starts kaboom checks for this file:

==========
if [ ! -f $HOME/.local/kaboom ]
then
        kaboom -style plastique
        RET=$?
        if [ "$RET" != "0" ]
        then
                exit $RET
        fi
fi

> Did I do sth wrong or forget sth? Any other suggestions?

There is one other thing you can try: divert kaboom. I have used it in
the past on some machines that I wanted to disable kaboom completely.
I have a script here that can do all the work for you:

http://www.csd.uoc.gr/~gkiagiad/divert-kaboom.sh

> Btw, would adding it to /etc/skel have the same effect?

I guess adding it to skel would also work.

Regards,
George