khotkeys and media keys

Hi All,

it seems that Qt has improved enough to recognize more media-keys on my
keyboard. In the past trying to bind some of the media buttons would
have generated an "unknown code" in qt. What is missing now is a proper
action in consequence of the pressing, I have bound two keys to dolphin
and amarok respectively and even if the bindings are listed in
systemsettings under global shortcuts -> khotkeys, when I press the
buttons nothing happens. The keys are recognized by xev and Qt as:
XF86Explorer -> Browser
XF86Tools -> Tools
Has anyone been able to use these keycodes in combination with KDE4?
Cheers

Valerio