Re: Am I alone? - Update

On Saturday 10 October 2009 01:18:28 Manolete, ese artista... wrote:
> To resign yourself and use Firefox, I'm afraid...

 The thing is, I really do prefer konqueror - it seems faster, and
 9 times out of 10 it's the better browser.  I really like having
 my buttons vertically aligned on the left of my window - that's
 especially useful on my netbook with its small screen.

 I've used Iceweasel/FF for years for a handful of sites - the
 usual banking and gmail stuff I guess.  I find its confusion about
 where to re-show its previous sessions, or remember the size
 of those windows, and the occasional total loss of same - is
 even worse than konqueror's current foibles.

 Yes - the konqueror bookmark manager seems to crash pretty
 much any time you try to move bookmarks around (which
 is just plain bewildering since it's done this consistently since 4.0)
 and there's a stack of other annoyances with it - but I think
 my biggest gripe is that I have to use two browsers, because
 neither is really satisfying in itself.

 I think I mentioned before that I started playing with Chrome,
 but that's decidedly dodgy (just in case you were tempted).

> I can reproduce it, although in my box Konqueror doesn't freeze until I
>  have changed font size 4 or 5 times. I'll comment on b.k.o.

 Saw that - thanks!  Not sure how much of that stuff is being
 attended to, especially with the interactions back from safari
 (is there still stuff coming in from that mob, I wonder?)

 Jedd.