Re: KDE3 apps under KDE4

2009/10/8 Vedran Furač <vedranf@vedranf.mine.nu>:
> Is there any easy way of configuring style and colors of KDE3 apps (like
> kaffeine, k3b, basket,...) under KDE4 now that kcontrol is gone?
>
> Regards,
>
> Vedran

No. When we still had separate ~/.kde and ~/.kde4 directories for the
configuration files, it was possible to change manually the
configuration files in ~/.kde in order to change the look of kde3
apps. Now it is not possible because the same files are used by kde4.
As a result, kde3 apps read kde4 settings, but since the options are
incompatible, they revert to defaults. For example when they read
widgetStyle=oxygen, they cannot find it and they load plastik, which
was the default in kde3.

Regards,
George