Printing in KDE is slow with system-config-printer-kde

Hi,

When system-config-printer-kde is installed and I try to print something from
within a KDE4 (KDE-4.3.1) application like Okular, the print process is very
very slow. The dialog window takes more than a minute to appear and the printer
starts printing after a similar amount of time.
Without system-config-printer-kde being installed, the dialog appears soon after
the print button is pressed and the process is smooth and fast as it has usually
been and as it is in other applications not relying on system-config-printer.
Is it a kind of bug or a misconfiguration of my system?
Cheers

Valerio