disk mounter plasmoid just stops working

Hey all,

I'm seeing an issue with the disk mounter plasmoid. It seems to at some point, usually after the machine has been up and logged in for days, to quit working, or more specifically the plasmoid continues to work, but it no longer detects that devices are being plugged in. I'm not sure what event causes it (dropping a DVD into the drive perhaps?), but the only recovery I have found is to log out and back in.

Has anyone else seen this or know how to get it to respond again with out log out and back in?

Thanks,
--b