Weird behaviour - resize of konsoles has 2s delay

 I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing this one.

 With konsoles, typically full-screen, or at least full-vertical size,
 click-and-hold the top or side edge and start to re-size.  For me
 I'm getting a 2s delay - during which X basically freezes.  There
 is NOT a flurry of disk activity, but I can't see what's happening
 to the CPU at the time.

 I'm on current unstable releases of everything, and I've had
 this problem for several weeks.  I'm on nVidia proprietary
 drivers, on a single 1680x1050 screen, with a 2GN quad-core.

 In other words, everything else runs pretty snappy.

 Jedd.