switch to root in systemsettings

Hi,

in KDE3 the configuration tool (kcontrol, kdecontrol ?)
had for some pages the option to switch to root.

This came especially handy for the KDM configuration.

In KDE$ I did not yet find an equivalent.

I am aware that I can call "sudo -u root systemsettings"
in a terminal, or "kdesu systemsettings in krunner,
but from an usability POV I consider this worse than the
KDE3 solution.
(there was not even a menu entry with "systemsettings as root"
or something like that)

Did I miss something obvious or is there no option
to switch users in systemsettings ?

Regards
PEter

--