Re: Configuration tips requested

* marc <gmane@auxbuss.com> [2009 Apr 28 02:04 -0500]:
> Nate Bargmann said:
>
> > As I've used KDE4 on Debian, I've found some configuration features that
> > were in 3.5.x that I can't seem to find in 4.2.2.  Among those are:
> >
> > * Bash shell beep in Konsole.  I've used Bash for so many years that the
> > beep is a second nature sort of feedback and not having it is slowing me
> > down during operations such as tab completion and Aptitude searching.
>
> Check out Settings/Configure notifications. I've no idea what the events
> are that it is monitoring, though, those descriptions are rubbish.

Fooling with those settings did not get me the console beep I wanted.
:-(

> > * No Web search bar in Konqueror to the right of the address bar.
>
> Settings/Extensions/Search bar

That appeared once I installed the konq-plugins package.

> > * The middle mouse button doesn't open a link in a new tab in Konqueror.
>
> Settings/Configure Konq/Web browsing/Middle click opens...

It was checked.  Unchecking and rechecking makes no difference.  The
middle button appears dead to Konqueror.

> > * Tapping the <Print Screen> key seems to do nothing whereas it used to
> > call Ksnapshot.  Ksnapshot is installed and works.
>
> Works here, but see System settings/Input actions and add an entry for:
>   shortcut: Print
>   command url: ksnapshot

Input Actions?  Once in there it says "Configure Hotkey settings" and
Konqueror Gestures and kMenuEdit are the only options, both enabled.
When I try to add kSnapShot I get a popup that says, "The shortcut
'Print' conflicts with the following key combinations: Shortcut 'Print'
in Application khotkeys for action PrintScreen"  So I drill down to the
khotkeys assignment and select PrintScreen and all it lets me do is to
select the key combination to activate it but not the command that is
called.

So far I'm batting .250 :-D

- Nate >>