Re: Konqueror: webkit instead of khtml

On Monday 27 April 2009, David Baron wrote:
> On Monday 27 April 2009 12:37:35 Juergen Hornung wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > now that we have qt 4.5 in SID I'd love to see also a webkit
> > rendering engine in konqueror - is there a change to see a working
> > part of it? (I tested it with Arora and I really love the webkit
> > rendering).
> >
> > Regards and my thanks for the KDE Debian team!
>
> Maybe now is the time to change it. Konqueror is nigh useless right
> now, slow, system-bogdown, wierd scrolling problems, you name it.

I've just suffered repeated lock-ups on a site as common as amazon.de.
Konqueror goes to almost 100% CPU and all I can do is kill the process.
I'm not sure whether the behavior is deterministic for particular pages
as this tends to happen on dynamic pages where I can check afterwards if
there are slight differences.

Konqueror has been my favorite browser for years, but with 4.x it is
acquiring an unstable bent.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig