For AMD64, Synaptic wants to remove konqueror, kdebase

I have an AMD64 chip, so I use the AMD64 port of Debian. I use the unstable distribution. About two weeks ago, there was a major update of KDE for unstable. As part of this update, synaptic wanted to remove kdebase, kde-core, and konqueror, among other things. This is still the case today. I have not done the update for fear that KDE will be trashed. What is the problem?