Re: upgrading to kde4

On Wednesday 22 April 2009 12:57:19 Michael Schuerig wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 April 2009, Joseph Rawson wrote:
> > > Could you explain a bit more detailed what you're doing? What's the
> > > purpose of [$i]? Does it make a setting immutable? Where is it
> > > applied?
> >
> > Certainly! :)
> >
> > The information was obtained here:
> > http://techbase.kde.org/KDE_System_Administration/Configuration_Files
> >#Lock_Down
>
> Great, thanks! Sometimes I'm surprised about all the things I never knew
> about KDE.
np :)
I got the chance to learn much more about KDE through programming with pykde,
then I would've just by using it.
BTW, I have a script that I keep in Autostart that puts konqueror up every
time I login to the desktop.  Perhaps you can modify it and call it from a
desktop file to fix your problems with konqueror.  I haven't yet tested dcop
with kde4, but I plan to get to that later.

--
Thanks:
Joseph Rawson