Re: upgrading to kde4

On Tuesday 21 April 2009, Joseph Rawson wrote:
> I am probably going to be writing a similar script for my konsole
> schemas next.  It seems that the newer ones look more like actual kde
> configuration files, while the older ones were simple text files.
>  Regarding konsole, it seems that I'm unable to set a size for the
> windows.  It looks like konsole starts with the size that the last
> window was using.  This is undesirable, as if the last terminal has
> been maximized, then next one that appears will also be the same
> size, instead of a preset size.  I dug around the configuration the
> best I could, but I couldn't find an option that pertains to this.

Try the window menu on the far left on each window's title bar. There,
you'll find Advanced > Special Window Settings / Special Application
Settings. In principle, you ought to be able to set the default window
size there (don't ask why this settings is hidden away and apart from
all others). It seems to be working for some people, if I understood
them correctly. It does not work for me, however. Neither does it work
for me to set a default size for Konqueror profiles (or even windows).
Give it a try, YMMV.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig