Imlib1 vs. Imlib2

Hi,

I am the author of KuickShow, which uses Imlib1 for decoding and rendering
images. Imlib1 is doing a fantastic job at that -- I haven't found a single
other library that is as fast as Imlib1.

I've got some arguments against the removal of Imlib1:

1) Imlib2 is not a replacement for Imlib1. At least last I checked, the
functionality differed quite a lot. In other words, Imlib2 doesn't provide
the functionality that KuickShow uses from Imlib1.

2) Imlib2 is actually slower in image decoding and rendering, at least in
those cases that KuickShow is concerned with.

3) Imlib1 is available as GDK and plain Xlib variant. KuickShow uses the plain
Xlib variant, so the removal of GTK1.2 should not necessarily remove the Xlib
variant of Imlib1.

What about stripping the GDK bits from Imlib1 and keep on providing the Xlib
variant?

Thanks,
Carsten