Re: Upgrading to KDE4 and Cherry Cymotion Linux keyboard

Valerio Passini wrote:

> IMHO this is not KDE's fault, but X: probably you will notice that in
> terminal the console is working properly. In the last X version keyboard
> and mouse are managed differently (by evdev driver) and If this is your
> problem, you should remove every line related to mouse and keyboard from
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf  and after configure console through: dpkg-reconfigure
> console-data. If you really need a different setup (evdev is not able to
> catch all the possible multimedia keys) you should tweak your xorg.conf to
> let X use the old drive. Bye
>
> Valerio

Thank you for your answer.

I have suppressed in xorg.conf the lines concerning the keyboard and it
still does not work.

In .xsessions-errors, I have this line :
kxkb(3458) XKBExtension::setLayoutGroups: executing "/usr/bin/setxkbmap -
model evdev -layout fr -variant  -option -option compose:lwin"

which has a wrong syntax, it should be :
kxkb(3458) XKBExtension::setLayoutGroups: executing "/usr/bin/setxkbmap -
model evdev -layout fr -option compose:lwin"

Cheers,
Charles
--
http://www.kde-france.org