Re: Debian Lenny for the PPC (Iceweasel Misbehaves)

El Jueves 09 Abril 2009 03:07:37 Irena & Richard Jenkins escribió:
> Not sure of the problem here, but Iceweasel has refused to start.  Tried
> de-installing and re-installing ... with no improvement.  I am left with
> Konqueror.  However, I need Iceweasel or something similar to speak with my
> bank, etc.  Is this a known hiccup, for the ppc install ... or are
> work-arounds available?  I did try running as 'root' ... but there are issues

¿You tried also to rename your /home/user/.mozilla folder and launch Iceweasel to force the creation of new user's settings; or to launch it from a new user account? Also you did the uninstalltion with "--purge"? it's supposed to remove any possible remaining configuration files of the program you uninstall so when you reinstall, the reinstallation is really a fresh one.
If you are in a hurry a temporal workaround could be using Firefox on Wine, or Virtualbox, I don't remember very well, sorry, I read a copule of months ago that it worked flawlessly.

For more serious help I'd read and/or ask in http://forums.mozillazine.org