clean install of kde4 on sid

I have tried unsuccessfully to do a fresh install of KDE4 on several machines and different methods.
basic method:
install standard debian Sid system using business card testing iso image.
install xorg.
when I try to install kde4-minimal the following have unmet dependencies and are not installed.
kdebase-runtime
kdebase-workspace
kdebase

ie. nothing gets installed.

I have tried to follow the dependencies trail to the root cause(s) without success.
I thought it was in libxine1 and got that corrected but no go.
Has anyone else had this problem? Suggestions?
It seems like I am going in circles chasing the dependencies.

I had no problems upgrading two other machines that had kde4 installed from experimental.
:) upgrade from experimental to unstable? :)

Thanks for the help and all of the teams work.