Re: KDE 3.5 to KDE 4.2 kicker problem

El Miércoles 08 Abril 2009 16:08:40 Benjamí Villoslada escribió:
> Any formula to dist-upgrade with aptitude?

# aptitude dist-upgrade
Aptitude and apt-get, use the same sintax and modifiers, I think.

> (well, apt-get will remove konqueror)

Make sure to enable your unstable repositories in you sources.list file. Konqueror is part of kdebase, as far as I know, it shouldn't be removed at all but upgrade to 4.2.2.
Another tip, if you don't want to upgrade the whole system to unstable, and just want KDE 4 don't dist-upgrade, but upgrade only the packages you want. You can also try to intall the package kde4-minimal and continue adding packages as you want.
Remember to configure aptitude to not install recommended packages, or you'll get several dozens of packages you probably don't need.

Salutacions.