Re: [ANN] KDE 4.2 moving to unstable *this* week

El Lunes 06 Abril 2009 15:27:23 Modestas Vainius escribió:
> On 2009 m. April 6 d., Monday 14:57:47 Ana Guerrero wrote:
> > Well, it gets annoying so much people asking. Not only in the mailing list,
> > also private emails, IRC, etc. When we have something to tell, we do. If we
> > were able to say Saturday 15th at 15:00 it will be ready, we would do. But
> > that is impossible.
> Couldn't agree more. If some info is omitted, it is usually omitted for a good
> reason. And asking the same question repeatedly won't make things move forward
> faster, but slower.

Well, paraphrasing Socrates I'd say that in the "fair medium" (or whatever it is in English) is the virtue.
I think most users ask only because many times those info omissions don't seem to do any good at all, but involve this packaging process into an "obscure" atmosphere where no one but packagers know what is happening and what fate has in store for us, mortal users.
I can understand y'all omit technical details most of users aren't interested in and wouldn't even understand, but I don't think a couple of announcements from time to time like "hey, people, we know we said this week it would be ready, but unfortunately we have had a lot of things to do so you'll have to wait for a week more" wouldn't do any wrong; in fact I think that little dose of infromation would be more that sufficient for most of us.
Of course there will always be a small proportion of users who seem to be born just to annoy, but that's unavoidabe and will always be, like the sun rising by the east and y'all have just to live with that, like taxes or mothers in law, and try to ignore as much as possible.

Ragards