FW: Re: kde 4.2 beta showstoppers?

Hi,

...ok - I've been brave this afternoon, but seems like I got bad luck :(

During dist-upgrade I got the already mentioned conflicting icon files for koffice (I'm using sid with some experimental packages like kde-4.1...). Anyway - that was not the problem.

After installation finished, I restarted my laptop and logged into kde 4.2. First thing I noticed - my complete settings were gone (might be due to 4.2 using ~/.kde whereas 4.1 is using ~/.kde4 ??). So I decided to copy the configuration files from my ~/.kde4 to the ~/.kde directory. Panel settings didn't reappear and most of my mail setup is gone. The bad thing about it - I cannot reconfigure kmail for my account settings (I'm usually using ~ 5 different accounts). But whenever I create a new account and press "save", nothing happens. The only joice I have is to press "cancel" which reproducable crashes kmail ("*** KMail got signal 6").

So currently I'm using a web-mailer to write to the list ;-) I know, that this is not the place for reporting bugs for 4.2, but any hint on re-activating kmail would be great (as I mentioned before - this is the most important application for me ;-)).

Besides that - I still have a lot of problems customizing 4.2 (widgets are not added to panels, ...) but that's currently not too important for me.

Thanks for any help,

regards,

andy