Re: KPackage in KDE4

A friend tell me that it's better to use name as: testing, unstable, ... because in this way I can't take care with the new name of the new Debian.release

 apt-get install kde4    or    aptitude install kde4    ?????
Well, to make it work first of all  I need to install form ustable branch  the package smart-core or something like this.

After that I set the backport for KDE4 in my sourcelist

deb http://kde4.debian.net/ lenny main

If I don't worng, lenny = testing, so I can use this backport.

With all of this, I set:

              aptitude install kde4

Maybe I need to make in another way, I followed this manual http://kde4.debian.net/  and, well I now have installed KDE4 a little bit unstable :(

Don't try Adept right now.  Use Aptitude in a terminal window.  Do
not use the command-line interface, use the ncurses interface (type
"aptitude" [no quotes] by itself on the command line.  To make it
do work, you will have to be root, or let it become root.  (Just open
a root terminal when you open a terminal.)
I know aptitude but I prefer something like adpet, but if currently there is not alternative I'll use aptitude

If you have all of GTK, etc. installed, you can try Synaptic.  It will
run under KDE4, as long as your glib, and gtk/gnome libraries are in
good shape.
OK I'll try, but I read on Internet that Synaptic is not stable in KDE4, is that real?

If a few icons are missing, you may need to install an icon theme
package.  Since KDE4 is still farm fresh, there may be a few items
like that that aren't all there.
It is some strange that the icons of the toolbar of KPackage are not complet in the system ???
I sopouse I need a icon them package but, how can I find what is it?

Mark Allums
Thanks,

GUAN