Re: Status of kdebluetooth4

Am Monday, 20. October 2008 schrieb Andreas von Heydwolff:

> Christoph Burgmer wrote:

> > The KDE 3 package is not working under KDE 4 as it needs the kio client

> > for Konqueror.

> In a similar vein, exporting contacts from kaddressbook via bluetooth

> yields the error message "gnokii ist not configured" or some such

> although gnokii as a standalone program does work. I was thinking of

> using the KDE3.5.9 package of kaddressbook (which, btw, on the way from

> Etch to Lenny lost it's "export to mobile phone" menu entry) but this

> sounds like I can spare myself the trouble of trying it.

I was speaking of the general overview which comes up when clicking on the bluetooth taskbar icon and which was implemented through a kio service. This was as I see it the central entry point to the functionality offered, and which even doesn't show up in kdebluetooth4 anymore. I don't know though if this affects other ways of accessing kdebluetooth, if they exist.

> Would I have to compile kdebluetooth for KDE4 to be able to use it with

> kaddressbook? I tried once but compiling stopped with some error message

> and I did not bother any further. Are there any very inofficial packages

> somewhere? Would the Ubuntu one work on a sid box?

The Ubuntu deb installs without problems, though the side effects like crashes might be related to the package being built for a different distribution.

Christoph