Re: [KDE 4.1 backports] Installing Amarok and K3B on Lenny

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 04:37:20PM +0200, Marcello Maggioni wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've just installed KDE 4.1.2 from the backports on my lenny system
> and I have a problem.
>
> When I try to install any KDE program that requires KDE3 libraries
> (like amarok or k3b) I get conflicts in the packaging system.
>
> Seems like to install the kde3 libraries the packaging system wants to
> replace the kde4 libraries with the same package names.
>
> Months ago I tried KDE 4.0 from experimental and I haven't such
> problems installing KDE3 libraries and software .
>
> Am I doing something wrong or something in the packages isn't right?

KDE 4.1.2 packages should be installable with amarok and k3b, but not
installing recomended packages. k3b recommends kdebase-kio-plugins and
kcontrol that are not co-installable with kde 4 and amarok recommends
amarok-konqsidebar that needs konqueror 3.

So install then using:

apt-get install k3b amarok --no-install-recommends

And if you still have problems, please send the output here.
Ana