KLaptop is back !!!

JOY !!! Oh, joy! I just noticed that I don't have to recompile my kernel to use KLaptop on Debian Lenny!

Check out the following lines in  /boot/config-2.6.26-1-686

CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS=y
CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS_POWER=y
CONFIG_ACPI_SYSFS_POWER=y
CONFIG_ACPI_PROC_EVENT=y

KLaptop works with the latest stock Debian kernel! And it works a heck of a lot better than KPowersave!

"So long KPowersave! I never liked the way you made me restart my wireless drivers upon resume from hibernation! Our relationship is over! I'm getting back with my old girl, KLaptop. She treats me much better than you ever did!"

I'm not a jealous guy. I'm willing to share my love with others. To use KLaptop in Debian Lenny:

Add the following lines to your  /etc/apt/preferences  file:

Package: klaptopdaemon
Pin: version 4:3.5.9-1
Pin-Priority: 1001

Set up your  /etc/apt/sources.list  file like this:

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ lenny main
## deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ lenny main

deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main
## deb-src http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main

deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2008/04/19/debian unstable main
deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive pool kdeutils

Then run (as root):

# apt-get update
# apt-get purge kpowersave
# apt-get install klaptopdaemon=4:3.5.9-1

To start KLaptop, run (as normal user):

$ klaptop_check

Enjoy!!!
- Eric