Re: Parallel installation of KDE 3 & 4?

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 22:27:21 Adrian Friedli wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tuesday 16. September 2008 21.13.34 David Baron wrote:
> > Startkde is replaced on upgrades so any tricks done there need be put
> > back each time. Maybe there is a better way.
>
> There is. Have a look at dpkg-divert.
>
> Cheers, Adi

This is cool!

So I can put the new startkde in some safe place, do a diff and manually edit
in to mine anything really needed.

AND ... stop xorg upgrades from killing the symlink to nvidia's libglx.so.
This is a bigee--surprized in all the repeated threads on debian-users, no one
thought of this one. I will give it a try!