Re: KDE4 composite kwin + Intel GPU

Dne čt 4. září 2008 Laurent Léonard napsal(a):
> It works great for me on my Toshiba Portégé R500 (Intel 950GM
> graphics). I use the "KDE 4.1.x backports for Lenny" repository.

Hmm, I have the same graphics card and using the same repo.  You didn't
have to tweak anything in xorg.conf (and therefore use EXA AccelMethod by
default) ?

Your laptop has a Core 2 duo processor just like mine.  Are you using
amd64 or i686 Debian?

Lastly, are you using OpenGL (default) or XRender for composite effects?

I wonder why we're getting so different results on such similar hardware
(the 4g EeePC has GMA 900, which I thought might be why it works for Sune
Vuorela, apparently it's more complicated).