How to disable artsd in remote Xvnc servers`

I have setup Xvnc for remote access to a destop machine. It works nicely
except all sound from remote VNC users is played at the local console :-)

1 - Do you know how can I disable sound?  I tried with artsshell
terminate, but sound comes in less than a second. What poison can really
disable sound in a session, while still allowing sound in the local
session @ local console?

2- Where would you trigger that posion? Since the same account can be used
locally and remotely, the trigger should be per terminal (e.g. :1, :2).
How would you make it?

3- Is there a simple way and I am just building an overkilling solution?

Thank you for your comments,
Pep Serrano.