Mounting removable devices fails

Hi,

KDE doesn't manage to automount removable devices. When I plug in an USB key,
I'm invited to choose if I want to open the device in a new window or do
nothing. When I choose "open the device in a new window", it fails with the
following error:

"mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1, missing
codepage or helper program, or other error In some cases useful info is found
in syslog - try dmesg | tail or so"

In dmesg, I have the following message when I plug in the device:

usb-storage: device found at 11
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
  Vendor:           Model: USB DISK 2.0      Rev: PMAP
  Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 00
SCSI device sdb: 4016128 512-byte hdwr sectors (2056 MB)
sdb: Write Protect is off
sdb: Mode Sense: 23 00 00 00
sdb: assuming drive cache: write through
SCSI device sdb: 4016128 512-byte hdwr sectors (2056 MB)
sdb: Write Protect is off
sdb: Mode Sense: 23 00 00 00
sdb: assuming drive cache: write through
 sdb: sdb1
sd 9:0:0:0: Attached scsi removable disk sdb
usb-storage: device scan complete
FAT: Unrecognized mount option "flush" or missing value

I manage to mount the device with mount (as root, not as user) and pmount (as
user).

There is no line in fstab describing the device and its mount point.

I also tried to mount the device with kio_media_mounthelper but it fails with
the same error.

I have hal (0.5.10-5), dbus (1.1.2-1), kdebase-kio-plugins (4:3.5.8.dfsg.1-7),
kamera (4:3.5.8-2+b1), kdemultimedia-kio-plugins ( 4:3.5.8-1 ) and pmount (
0.9.17-1 ) installed.

I don't have ivman or usbmount installed.

I tried with two different users (whose one was running kde for the first
time). The both failed to mount the device.

I traced system calls with strace but didn't find anything interesting. (well,
I'm not an expert neither).

I didn't find anything on google, neither on debian BTS (for konqueror and
kdebase-kio-plugins).

I also tried to mount the device with gnome. It works perfectly. (argh!)

I'm lost and I don't have any idea where to look at... Any hint ?

Thanks,

Fred.