Media notification broken (dbus, hal & kded)

Hi,

I am using Debian/testing:

# apt-show-versions kdelibs4c2a
kdelibs4c2a/testing uptodate 4:3.5.5a.dfsg.1-5
# apt-show-versions dbus
dbus/testing uptodate 1.0.2-1
# apt-show-versions hal
hal/testing uptodate 0.5.8.1-4

Some weeks ago the KDE media notification stopped working. I googled for ages
and saw dozens of postings describing more or less the same problem without
anyone posting a solution or even a workaround. After a lot of trial and
error I found a workaround:

Log in as a normal user and open a console:
# su
# /etc/init.d/dbus restart
Stopping Hardware abstraction layer: hald.
Stopping system message bus: dbus.
Starting system message bus: dbus.
Starting Hardware abstraction layer: hald.
# exit
$ killall -w kded
$ kded

I automated this in my autostart script so everything works now as it should.
But the real problem is not solved, of course.

I already posted this in two forums but maybe this is the right place:

http://www.kde-forum.org/thread.php?threadid=14443
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=11295

Stephan

ps. Please CC me as I am not on the list.