Re: starting kmail in the system tray

On Saturday 02 December 2006 21:12, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Saturday 02 December 2006 17:51, Chris wrote:

> > > Try dcopstart
> > >
> > > Theoretically it should return once the DCOP name "kmail" becomes
> > > available, but KMail might not have registered all its objects yet
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Kevin
> >
> > sorry, but could you do you mean
> >
> > dcopstart kmail | dcop kmail kmail-mainwindow#1 setHidden on
>
> No, more like
>
> dcop $(dcopstart kmail) kmail-mainwindow#1 setHidden on
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Yes!

# Start kmail and akregator in the system tray

dcop $(dcopstart kmail) kmail-mainwindow#1 setHidden on
dcop $(dcopstart akregator) akregator_mainwindow setHidden on

starts both kmail and akregator in the system tray.  Launch feedback works
(the bouncing icon my wife wishes she had on her XP machine), and the window
appears for a split second and then dissapears to the system tray.

the window part of akregator (akregator_mainwindow) is a little different than
that for kmail, but dcop akregator gave me the proper name for that.

Thanks!

 Chris

--
C. Hurschler