Setting of MIME associations doesn't work (KDE 3.5.3 on unstable)

Hi,

for some inexplicable reason association for PDF was set to KGhostview,
instead of my preferred KPDF. However, when I try to change the association
with Control Panel, although I save it well (and the thermometer runs
showing progress in updating system), it is not saved and the associations
is still KGhostview.

Does anybody see the same problem? Is it known bug? Any workaround?

Matej

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma@jabber.cz
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice; moderation in
the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
    -- Barry Goldwater (actually written by Karl Hess)