Re: aRts crashes playing streams

Derek Broughton skrev:
All I know is that if I enable ALSA in KDE directly (integrated I810 sound),

Please explain how you accomplish this? As far as I know the only sound engine in KDE is arts, and you can't change it. Perhaps we are talking about two different things here? Note that different KDE applications can be set up to use different sound engines, for instance amarok has this ability. This is however a special feature in amarok which abstracts the sound engine from the gui. The feature is not available to other applications.

Anders