Re: konsole session names and shell prompt

El Domingo, 12 de Marzo de 2006 13:00, pol escribió:
> I would like to customize session names, so that only the current subfolder
> name to be displayed in tabs, rather than the whole long path.
> It would be especcially useful to bind the session name to the running
> shell PROMPT variable (in my case, the Zsh PROMPT variable)

From /etc/skel/.bashrc:

# If this is an xterm set the title to user@host:dir
case "$TERM" in
xterm*|rxvt*)
    PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -ne "\033]0;${USER}@${HOSTNAME}: ${PWD/$HOME/~}\007"'
    ;;
*)
    ;;
esac

This sets the window title to the contents of the variable. And you can
configure konsole, to show the same contents of the window title, in the
corresponding tab. I suppose it will be the same or pretty similar for zsh.

Greetings.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
http://barnacity.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net