Re: American keyboard

D. Michael 'Silvan' McIntyre wrote:
> The only thing in here that looks interesting to me is
>
> (==) Keyboard: CustomKeycode disabled

Try to Google on this string (or Google Groups) -- there are some hits, but
I didn't have time to go through all of them.

> In this context, and repeated later for "Core Keyboard" too:

*too*!!! you have TWO definitions of keyboard? Can you please post content
of "ServerLayout" section?

> (**) |-->Input Device "Generic Keyboard"
> (**) Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
> (**) XKB: rules: "xorg"
> (**) Option "XkbModel" "pc104"
> (**) XKB: model: "pc104"
> (**) Option "XkbLayout" "us,es"
> (**) XKB: layout: "us,es"
> (**) Option "XkbOptions"

What happens when you run this in konzole/xterm?

setxkbmap -vvvv -rules xorg -model pc104 -layout "us,es" -option "" \
-option
"compose:caps,ctrl:ctrl_aa,lv3:ralt_switch,grp_led:scroll,grp:shifts_toggle"

(yes, there are two -option parameters and yes it is all on one line in
konsole)

Matej

Q: Is vi an easy editor to learn, is it intuitive?
A: Yes, some of us think so. But most people think that we are
   crazy.
    -- vi FAQ