Re: c++ allocator transition status

* Hendrik Sattler [Thu, 08 Dec 2005 17:24:41 +0100]:

> I find it worse that ftp-master messes around in testing like hell :-(

  Just fyi, the testing distribution is competece of the release team,
  not of ftp-masters.

> Anybody knows what's going on, here? ftp-master gone nuts?

  Do. Not. Insult. Developers.

> WHY did they remove kaffeine from testing when it's only available for c2a in
> SID?
> Same goes for konq-plugins!

  The testing distribution is not an easy thing to manage, I can tell
  you that. Competent people are in charge of it, so you shouldn't have
  _any_ doubts that if a package gets removed from there, it is
  certainly not to annoy users like you, but because (a) it's the only
  solution that is left to allow a bigger chunk of packages to enter
  testing, (b) the package is very buggy.

  Anyway, you can find previous versions of kaffeine, that should
  work fine in testing, here:

    http://snapshot.debian.net/package/kaffeine

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

The problem I have with making an intelligent statement is that some
people then think that it's not an isolated occurrance.
                -- Simon Travaglia