3.4 in testing: dependency issues

Hi,

As I'm sure many of you know, KDE 3.4 has arrived in testing. Congratulations
and thanks to the Debian team!

My report:

With my package-set, the new kdeedu and kig packages had unsatisfied
dependencies which meant a full upgrade could not proceed in testing.

With those two packages un-selected for upgrade, the upgrade is able to
proceed, however, apt-get warns that:

	The following packages will be REMOVED:
	 ardour-gtk atlantikdesigner basket hotplug k3b k3blibs kaddressbook-plugins
 	 kaffeine kate-plugins kbear kcmlinuz kde kde-amusements kdeaddons
	 kdeaddons-kfile-plugins kdeedu kdelibs4 kdewebdev kfilereplace
 	 kicker-applets kig kimagemapeditor klinkstatus kmplayer kommander
 	 konq-plugins ksig kwin-baghira kxdocker kxdocker-data kxsldbg libarts1
 	 libbio2jack0 libjack0.80.0-0 libjack0.80.0-dev libkcal2a libkdenetwork2
 	 libkdepim1 libmimelib1a libmodplug0 libmusicbrainz4 libopenexr2 libqt-perl
 	 libqt3c102-mt libtag1 libtunepimp2 libwv2-1 mplayer-386 noatun-plugins qgo
 	 quanta rosegarden4 vimpart xmms-xmmplayer

Of particular concern for me are ardour, rosegarden4, and basket, which I use
extensively for work; and to a lesser extent k3b, kaffeine, kxdocker and
kwin-baghira, which I like!

I'm very keen to try KDE 3.4 in testing, but not without these programs. Is it
just a matter of waiting until the dependencies are sorted out out fully, or
is there a workaround?

IIRC, the rosegarden4 issue may relate to a dependency on libjack0.80.0-0
which is being replaced by libjack0.100.0-0. Is this correct?

Any info about  the status or upgradeabilty of any the above programs would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

John