Re: Hotplug, udev, hal, etc.

Hi Anders,

On Sunday 09 October 2005 11:57, Anders Ellenshøj Andersen wrote:
> Udev in unstable now conflicts with hotplug. From what I can gather udev
> has eaten up all of hotplugs functionallity, but I don't really have a clue
> about what is going on. Since some important KDE stuff depends on all this
> to work, I'd sure like if someone who knows this stuff could explain what
> the h... is going on.

Actually, it broke nothing regarding KDE, media:/ is still working (USB, that
is. IEEE1394 refuses to cooperate insistently).

But of course there are screw-ups:

- sbp2 doesn't get loaded by hotplug anymore. err, udev.. well, you know what
i mean. i had to put it into /etc/modules
- my wlan startup script, formerly living in /etc/hotplug/usb, isn't beeing
called anymore which forces me to start wlan manually until i figure out how
to migrate that to udev.

> Please.. (Pretty please, with sugar on.) :)

Sorry, not too much sugar I guess.

Ciao,
Sven
--