Re: Did I make a mistake today with apt-get upgrade?

On August 31, 2005 05:54 pm, Josh Metzler wrote:
> On Saturday 27 August 2005 02:01 pm, Josh Metzler wrote:
> > On Friday 26 August 2005 11:09 pm, Bryan Donlan wrote:
> > > Others have reported their K menu becoming empty after installing a
> > > mismatched version of kdebase-data.
> >
> > I'm fairly certain that was a mismatched kdelibs-data.  From the two
> > reports I've heard so far, kdebase-data 4:3.4.2-1 doesn't cause any
> > problems on a system that otherwise has all 3.3.2 packages.
>
> I have since heard from two users, and reproduced myself, that this upgrade
> causes all kcontrol entries to disappear.  I filed bug #325592 about it.
>
> Josh

I'd like to cast a vote for no problem. I am running a KDE 3.4.1 system from
alioth with kdebase-data 3.4.2-1 from unstable, with no problem whatsoever.
All I'm waiting on now is someone to build transitioned packages for kdepim
and apollon. k3b is already in incoming. Once that happens, I'm ready to
fully upgrade.

Lawrence