Re: keeping passwords

> Giacomo Lacava wrote:
>>> Hmmm, that is a serious security issue. I was hoping there would
>>> be a password encrypted password cache or something similar.

>> KWallet is what you are talking about. It works wonderfully for
>> KDE-based applications. unfortunately, Synaptic is GNOME-based...
>> You definately need to check out kdesu/kdesudo docs however.

> How do you use it with kdesu?  kdesu doesn't even have a man page
> and, on Ubuntu at least, /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/kdesu/ has no
> valid documentation! --
> derek

kdesu does so have a man page. See attached.

However kdesu/kdesudo does not interface with kwallet.  Instead, there
is the kdesu daemon that manages stored passwords just for
kdesu/kdesudo.  Unfortunately, there is no way (that I know of) to
change the timeout for storing the passwords.

There's also gksu (the GTK frontend to su), but it also does not
support changing the timeout of the password storage.
--
Freddie Cash, CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73             (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]