Re: 'Start new session' gone AWOL

Peter Palm said...
> > Using KDE 3.3.2, kernel 2.6.8-2-686, I've happily started new sessions
> > via this menu 'Start new session' item. Today, however, I find that it
> > has disappeared - even from root.
>
> This probably has something to do with your Xservers file, take a look
> at:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-qt-kde/2004/10/msg00139.html

Oddly enough, I saw this. But, while it fixes the problem - kind of - it
doesn't explain why I have been merrily creating sessions prior to
amending '/etc/kde3/kdm/Xservers

Ah well, it works, so no complaints.

The reason I said 'kind of' is because when you reserve, say, one extra
tty, then use it by creating a new session, the 'Start new session' menu
entry remains. Click it, the new session dialog opens, and then nada.

Seems to me that the number of ttys should be managed in Session Manager
and that the dialog should be a warning where no more sessions are
available for creation.

Anyway, back to Samba - cool that the O'Reilly book is in the docs.

--
Best,
Marc