kmail (KDE 3.4): 'ignore thread' weirdness

Hi,

Is this truly a KDE issue?  The new kmail (installed from alioth) doesn't
allow me to 'ignore thread' on a single message.  As soon as it really is a
thread, it works, but on single messages, hitting 'i' jumps to the next
folder with a name starting with 'i'.  (And in the menu, the 'ignore
thread' and 'watch thread' is duly greyed out.)

Very annoying.

-- vbi

--
The only application I've seen in which the complete removal of vast
sections of code makes it run better, and when I eventually found a