Re: 'Open with...' program associations can't be saved, which package?

El Martes 25 Enero 2005 20:02, Anders Ellenshøj Andersen escribió:
> So obviously it has been determined, that the 'Open with..' menu items have
> some kind of bug which causes some problems, like for instance with kate
> downloading files to local temporary storage instead of using the remote
> url directly, and the fact that you can't save the program association if
> you choose the program from the tree menu.
>
> Which package should this be reported against?

It is not so clear what is the bug, and where it is. IMHO:

If you open with a app form the 'Debian' folder/submenu it's clear the thing
is not going to work, because this menu is for WMs whose does not understand
the %U.

The "Remember asociation" functionality works for me and several more people.

But there is something strange in all this. In kde the Debian folder should
not appear, and some apps (ie: xedit) should be (xedit in the Editors folder
but not the Debian/Apps/Editors one). Also, under fish:// I do not get the
"Remember application..." checkbox.

Well, right now some apps place .desktop in /usr/share/applnk (i.e: k3b) and
others in /usr/share/applications (i.e: kate). This last place is the "good
one for lintian"(tm), so I believe there is something you can call
"migration".

And at last, but not least is the update-menu thing.

Sorry for this long mail, I'll try to investigate deeper and understand the
menu intrinsics in debian/kde.

> konqueror? kdebase?

menu?