Re: xhost+ and Konsole

El Viernes, 14 de Enero de 2005 14:36, Charles de Miramon escribió:

> Thank you both,
> Changing the configuration for the root session in Konsole from su - to su
> solved my problem.
Because you inherit the environment from your normal account (do env before
and after the su), and you get the DISPLAY variable set.

> I've never quite really understood how the DISPLAY works. If I launch an X
> application on the computer Z with an IP of A and I want the application to
> be displayed on computer Y with an IP of B, how should I write the DISPLAY
> variable ?
export DISPLAY=ip_of_B:0

You need that the X server on the computer B allows you to connect.

> Normally with ssh -X it works automagically, but sometimes not.
ssh handles those permissions and settings for you. How the handling is done
can be configured in the ssh config files (ForwardX11).

man ssh_config for more details.

--
Pablo Pita Leira

Debian Hint #17: Need someone to talk to about Debian? If you're comfortable
with Internet Relay Chat (IRC), just install your favorite IRC client, and
join #debian on irc.debian.org.