Key press + mouse press shortcuts

    This is more general than just KDE, but there might be a KDE specific
solution I don't know about, so I'll go ahead and ask. I just bought a Genius
NetScroll+ Superior mouse today, which comes with (count 'em) 10 buttons. It
works well with Linux--only the application switch button doesn't work.
Doesn't even register in xev. I can live with that, though. What I would like
to do is add a little "chording" functionality to it. Four of the buttons are
actually keys--that is, they return keyboard presses, rather than mouse
button presses. So I thought I could make the "play" button (keycode 162) act
as a modifer key--probably mod_3, since that's not assigned to anything. So
far, so good. Here's the meat of the question: is there some way so that by
pressing "play" + left mouse button to get a keystroke? I would like "play" +
lmb to return enter, and "play" + rmb to return delete. I checked out
khotkeys and keyboard shortcuts in KControl, but didn't see anything that
would let me do a combination key press + mouse press.
    Thanks,
    :Peter