Re: java plug-in (sablevm)

On Thursday 06 January 2005 11:39, Michael Koch wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 6. Januar 2005 15:47 schrieb Derek Broughton:
> > If I can't use Swing, it's useless.  Sorry, but we're years past
> > that.  I tried to use kaffe, but I have to go back and rewrite far
> > too much.
>
> If you would provide more info we could work on your problem but with
> so much information I can't help you.

There's no "information" because I need a Java2 runtime.  When you guys
promise a conformant system, I'll try it again, but you're so far out of date
that it isn't worth the effort.  I stopped writing code to depend on 1.1 back
around the turn of the century.

I don't want to bash, but this is one of the major problems of OSS.   It's a
catch-22 - nobody will use the software if it doesn't do what the non-free
software does, but if nobody uses it developers can't improve it.
--
derek