Re: gui for broadband

On January 3, 2005 11:05 pm, jianan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just after sending you the last msg, I discovered that I had keyed in
> mpq instead of mpg. Due to my choice of font, the curve of the 'g'
> disappears after being underlined. I'm so sorry.
>
> Upon re-trying 'apt-get install' I now have a dependency problem as
> follows:

>   knemo: Depends: kdelibs4 (>= 4:3.2.3-3.sarge.1) but 4:3.2.3-2 is to
> be installed
>
> My current kdelibs4 version is newer than the one expected by knemo.
> It wouldn't be advisable to downgrade.  Any suggestion?
>
> Jianan

You can get the kdelibs4 package needed with this line in
your /etc/apt/sources.list, of course changing the ftp.de.debian.org
part to reflect your local mirror.

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing-proposed-updates main

The person who is building the package has the proposed updates
repository in his sources list and that is where the package gets the
dependency when he builds it and since you only have testing in your
sources.list apt cannot find the package you need. Either this or you
can install some -dev packages and build the package from source
yourself then install with dpkg,  you would not need the proposed
updates files/packages at all for this just the normal ones you can get
from testing already.

Stephen

--
Debian the choice of a GNU generation.