k3b error

I am trying to write an ISO file (sarge disk 1) to a CDRW device.

k3b successfully writes the disk and is 99% through verifying it has written
it correctly when it reports an error.  This is repeatable.

Debugging output is not helpful - no indication that there has been a problem.

Given that the failure is right at the end of the verify phase its almost as
though there is either a mismatch on the length, or the cdrw is failing to
write the last block, or similar.

Anyone any ideas how to verify this further. (I can't even figure out how I
can do a manual verification using command line tools - so even advice on how
to do that would be useful).

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk