Session management

Is there some way to "wrap" a non-KDE application somehow, so that the session
manager will restart it?  I use JDeveloper (Java IDE) which doesn't do proper
session management, but _does_ remember (most) of its settings, so if I could
just make KDE restart it if it was running when I logged out, I'd be happy.

On a somewhat-related topic, how is it possible to create a "manually saved
session", that can be loaded when you set the session manager options to
start with the manually saved session?
--
derek